Summer not only has me craving fresh fruit in my desserts, but also in my cocktails. I was given an idea for a drink with fruit in it at that 30th birthday party that I was telling you about a few weeks ago. My version is like a white peach sangria with a little bubbly to top it all off.
White peach sangria
- 1 bottle white wine (I prefer Sauvignon Blanc)
- 3 cups fruit such as peaches, berries, mangoes (fresh or frozen)
- 1 bottle sparkling peach wine
Pour wine with fruit into glasses, top with sparkling peach wine and enjoy!
One of my favorite cocktails is a mojito. Sometimes I am a purist and like my mojitos to be traditional with just mint, lime and rum, but other times I like to mix it up and add some other fruity flavors. Tonight it was raspberry and they were the perfect cool and refreshing drink for a beautiful summer night.
Raspberry mojito (adapted from Surdyk’s Liquor & Cheese Shop Summer Drinks)
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp fine sugar
- 5 mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- Crushed ice
- 4 ounces raspberry juice (or a blend of juices including raspberry)
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1 ounce club soda
- Raspberries for garnish
- Put lime juice and sugar in glass and stir until sugar is dissolved
- Add mint leaves and crush or muddle them against the side of the glass with back of a spoon or muddler (this releases the mint oils)
- Fill the glass with crushed ice
- Add fruit juice, rum and club soda and stir
- Garnish with raspberries and mint